This tool can be used to quickly format your XML (eXtensible Markup Language) data into a more readable output. More.
This is a client-side utility. Your data will NOT leave your own browser.
How it works?
XML Formatter online: This tool can be used to quickly format your XML (eXtensible Markup Language) data into a more readable output.
- Compact: Formats the input into a single-line result.
- 2, 3 and 4 Spaces and Tabs: Formats the input using an specified level of indentation.
See the examples of usage below.
<body>Don't forget me this weekend!</body>
How to format XML
- Prepare your XML input
- Have your XML text in a valid format ready to be used.
- Enter the data
- Paste your well-formed XML into the input area.
- Select the formatting option
- Select the desired option and click "Submit".
- All done
- Your XML is ready. Click the "Copy to Clipboard" button and you should be ready to rock!
XML (eXtensible Markup Language) is a W3C recommendation to handle Markup languages in a custom way. Portable regardless the software or hardware, it is used to represent data in a defined structure being capable of communicating within heterogeneous systems due to its interoperability.
Looking for something else?
In case you are looking for something else than this functionality, please let us know by contacting us. The most common requests will be made available (for free) once possible.